You’ve got to love my Mum Sue. She is a fabulous cook – taught me everything I know about food and entertaining, she and my Dad raised 4 children that are all (pretty) well adjusted and together and she has now taken to new technology with gusto. A few years ago she didn’t even know how to turn on a computer and now she is across SO many blogs and areas of social media – my brother gave her an iPad 3 years ago and it transformed her evening life. Instead of watching TV, you will find her reading, playing scrabble, scrolling through Houzz and reading blogs. She adores Instagram, now she knows how to add photos to Facebook she is adding things every other day and just a weeks ago she discovered Pinterest.
She found a recipe on a friends Facebook page, and thought to herself “oh that looks good” so she saved the picture to her camera roll, added it top Pinterest and thought nothing of it. Now this one picture has been pinned 335 times. AND SHE HAS NO IDEA WHY. There was just a picture, no recipe. Of course she made them but all those paleo bastards are going mad for it. So this afternoon while we popped a bottle of champers together we decided to give them a crack again so I could see for myself what all the fuss was about.
Cauliflower & Parmesan Crisps
1 cup grated cauliflower
1 cup grated parmesan
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon chopped basil
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
1. Grate the cauliflower add into a bowl
2. Add a cup of parmesan into the bowl
3. Finely chop the parsley & basil and add in as well as the garlic & pepper
4. Take a small handful of the mixture and place it on a lined baking tray and whack it into the hot oven for 5 minutes
6. After 5 minutes turn them over and place back in the oven for a further 5 minutes
7. Let them cool for a minute or so then get stuck in. You’d never know you were eating something vego paleo. That is, until, you instagram it to tell the world. Champagne works well as a side I found, like most things.
These were not quite as crispy as the original pin would imply (they looked more like parmesan chips) but they were very good indeed. Enjoy!
Cauliflower & Parmesan crisps
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
|Total time||15 minutes|
|Dietary||Gluten Free, Vegetarian|
- 1 cup cauliflower (grated)
- 1 cup parmesan (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon basil (finely chopped)
- 1 heaped teaspoon parsley (finely choppped)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (cracked)
|Grate the cauliflower add into a bowl|
|Add a cup of parmesan into the bowl|
|Finely chop the parsley & basil and add in as well as the garlic & pepper|
|Take a small handful of the mixture and place it on a lined baking tray and whack it into the hot oven for 5 minutes|
|After 5 minutes turn them over and place back in the oven for a further 5 minutes|
|Let them cool for a minute or so then get stuck in|
Does your Mum embrace the new technologies out there?
You know how someone is on a paleo diet? They tell you of course!